Monday, May 11, 2015

Photography Work shop

One of the really cool things about my job is that I get to do all sorts of interesting things and programs! One of the latest ones I am going to do is a special presentation on how to take some good photos. My teens found out that I love taking Polaroids, and wanted to know more about it. It coincides that there is an opportunity for the teens to also enter their work in a photo contest because the organization is partnering with my library. It is a fantastic organization called Eat, Play, Breath York and the teens are supposed to capture photos of healthy and unhealthy habits that they witness in the city. (http://www.eatplaybreatheyork.org/Pages/home.aspx) I get to show teens how to take photos, they get to enter their work in a contest, and a local community organization gets to partner with the library. It is awesome all around!

For my presentation, I made a powerpoint with cats and cameras, notes, and some examples of excellent photography. I also made a handout for the teens to take with them as they go about the city looking for scenes of healthy and unhealthy behavior. It is really simple to pull together, and I encourage anyone with a definite interest that they would like to share with their teens to do so and to see what directions that interest leads them in!


If anyone needs any tips, has any questions, or needs more information, please email me at dstates@yorklibraries.org
Dawn states: Ansel Adams is one of my favorite photographers...who is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment