Monday, August 31, 2015

Teen Time!

One of the regular teens wrote an awesome blog post about volunteering in the library more! I want to share this post and showcase not only the awesome writing, but all of the volunteer opportunities that are available at the library. It is really exciting to be able to offer this experience for teens, and I encourage other libraries to consider having teen volunteers. Read on to check out the article!

Here is the link to the article: Teen Article   Does your library offer teen volunteer opportunities? How do you put those in place? I have some great teen volunteers here, and I am working on incorporating a few more. I would be interested to share ideas on teens volunteering in the library.

I would also like to know if you have teens in your library that rock at writing! In addition to the teen who wrote this article, we have a few more that are amazing writers! Talk to your teens and find out if they have hidden talents and then look for ways to encourage them. Seeing their finished product rocks!

Email me at dstates@yorklibraries.org, or leave a comment to talk about these things!

Dawn states: I started as a teen volunteer and now I am on my way to being a librarian!

No comments:

Post a Comment