Saturday, August 29, 2015

A few words of inspiration

If you do any work with teens, you sometimes know that it feels like you are not getting through to them, not making a difference, and not impacting lives. I know it may feel like this, but let me share with you some inspiring words that I just came across that I hang on to when it seems like I am not making an immediate difference or not impacting in all the ways I want to.
"The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit." Nelson Handerson. I found this one randomly recently, and it really struck a chord with me. I was feeling overwhelmed about things in general and was asking myself "why do I do all of these things?" This is the answer: To create a better future for other generations, to give them ideas, and to get them thinking and doing. Instant results are cool, but its the lasting results that really matter.

This is one of my favorite quotes and is one that I have revisited repeatedly. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”-Martin Luther. Even if things go to pieces, it is still worth it to move forward and to put some good out there! 

I hope these quotes help, not only with working with teens but in your life as well. 

Dawn states: What is your favorite inspirational quote? Leave a quote or send me an email! dstates@yorklibraries.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment