Thursday, September 10, 2015

Teen Art Take Over

The teens I work with are super creative, to the point where they put me and my cats (who actually do paint with their paws using watercolors) in absolute awe of their creative efforts. The most recent Art Club idea that one of the teens had was to make sculptures using cardboard. I thought this sounded cool and I wanted to see more. If you want to see more too, read on!

This is what the teen made!


It is a cat for our Teen Advisory Board or TAB, that sometimes go by the nickname "tabbies" which is why they always draw cats (and is something I fully support). I think this is super awesome and it is an idea for Art Club that can be replicated. I now have this cat hanging on the window of my office, and I think it will stay there!

What ideas do your teens have? What sort of creative interests do the teens in your library feel passionate about? Have any of your teens made something super cool like this? Leave a comment!

Email me for more information about this awesome project or to swap creative ideas: dstates@yorklibraries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment