Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Art Club: Leather Feather

So for this Art Club, we went to nature for inspiration! I had some leftover scraps of leather from making a dream catcher and so decided to make a leather feather ( yes, it rhymes) from the scraps and use it as a key chain. I had been rocking this feather on my backpack for a bit, and then I thought hmmm..maybe the teens would like to make one of these! The idea was approved as cool, so we proceeded to use some leather from coats and pants and make feathers! (Great way to get rid of that totally 80's jacket or those pants for that costume you wore once) I brought in some of my personal feather collection for inspiration for the teens and let them pick a feather to model their leather one after. The teens even painted their feathers to reflect some from fantastical birds, such as the Phoenix. It was really interesting to see what they made with it, here are some pictures showing their work!
Email me for the list of materials needed for this! dstates@yorklibraries.org
Dawn states: I kept accidentally calling the Phoenix the Firebird, which is my favorite ballet!











No comments:

Post a Comment